Sunday, January 16, 2011

A good running week.

This past week was a good running week. I managed to meet my 20 mile/week "off season" goal and work in two strength training sessions. I'm getting better at picking outdoor snow routes that allow me to run in the street (since no one shovels the sidewalk here). Today's run was great! It was 17 degrees, "feels like" 6 degrees temperature wise, so it was chilly, but the sun was out, which made it feel much nicer. At one point a guy ran past me and turned to me and said, "you know, most people think we are crazy for being out here doing this today, but I like it". It is so true, runners are a little nuts, but in a good way :-)

Here's the Weekly recap:
1/10/11-1/16/11
Sunday - 7.03 Miles
Saturday - 4.20 Miles
Friday - off
Thursday - 4.1 Mile tempo run on the treadmill
Wednesday - Weights with a focus on upper body.
Tuesday - My favorite speed workout: 1600 (400 recovery), 2X800 (400 recovery), 2X400 (200 recovery), 4X200 (200 recovery). With warmup and cooldown 5.11 Miles total.
Monday - Full Body weights

Weekly Milage Total: 20.44 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment