Saturday, July 31, 2010

Inspiration


I worked as a volunteer for a race for the first time today. I volunteered for the Burning River 100 mile endurance run. I was at mile 39.6 handing out food and fluids... wow, it was amazing to see all of the runners. It was really inspiring to see people who had run 40 miles (close enough!) and still had 60 to go smile and joke as they refueled and went on their way.

Running 100 miles is not something I ever aspire to do and I have enormous respect for those athletes out there who do these races.

I myself have been nervous all week for my measly (in comparison!) 15 mile run scheduled for tomorrow. The longest I have ever run up to this point in my life is 13.1 miles. I'm still nervous, but watching the runners today has definitely inspired me!

No comments:

Post a Comment