Tuesday, August 3, 2010

15 MILES!

I'm a bit delayed in posting this, but I made it! 15 miles!
I was very nervous about this run, it being the farthest I have EVER run, but I made it and it wasn't even THAT bad. It was definitely tough, but I feel like a major milestone in training has been reached. Although those 20 milers are still looming, they are looking a little more possible.
It was a good day to run, not quite as cool as saturday, but not too hot. I loaded up my fuel belt with 4 bottles of water (2 more than usual) and headed out a little later than i'd wanted, but still early enough to beat the heat. I even saw a deer crossing the road at about the 5 mile mark. This was the first run where I think i've really needed "fuel". I used Gatorade and some cliff chews (1 package) which seemed to go over well with my stomach. I think I might try some other Gu's and things in these next few likes to figure out what I like best for race day. The last two miles of the run were definitely the toughest, both mentally and physically and I started having cramps in one leg, but I made it home and an ice bath has never felt so good.

I was not so good at fitting weights into this weeks schedule.

Here's the weekly milage recap 7/26- 8/01:

Sunday - 15.13 miles!
Saturday - 3.01 miles easy
Friday - rest
Thursday - 5.01 mile tempo
Wednesday - rest
Tuesday - 1600, 2 x 800, 2 x 400, 4 x 200 (400 rests for the 1600 & 800's , 200 rest for the 400's and 200's). This was by far my favorite interval workout thus far! 6.11 miles total with warmup and cooldown.
Monday - rest

Weekly total: 29.26 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment