Sunday, August 15, 2010

Burnout and Soreness

Despite the fact that i've skipped a few of my planned short runs these past two weeks, i'm sore. Really sore. I'm also starting to feel a little burned out. Maybe training for a marathon after moving to a new city and transferring to a new school was not the best decision. I'm feeling very cranky about everything. I have my first committee meeting for grad school coming up in a few weeks, so that is weighing on me as well. This past week I decided to sign up for a short race for one of my weekly runs to try to fight this burnout. It was definitely fun! It was a trail run, complete with a river crossing. I haven't done "real" cross-country running in a while, plus the soreness I mentioned, so I took the race pretty easy and still managed to finish in under 10 minute miles. I think maybe i'll try to find a half-marathon that I could incorporate into my long run schedule in september as well.

(I was going to post a race pic...but now i've lost the cord to transfer pics from my camera...grrr)

I never posted the weekly recap for last week, so here it is. Last weeks schedule was a little messed up. I was out of town over the weekend for a wedding, so I split my long run in half and did it on friday.

Weekly Recap 8/2-8/8:

Sunday - off
Saturday - off
Friday - 5.0 miles in the morning and 7.1 in the evening for a total of 12.1 miles.
Thursday - 5.0 miles
Wednesday - off
Tuesday - Speedwork. 5 X 1000 with 400 meter rests. 5.23 miles total
Monday - off

Weekly total: 22.33 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment