Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekly Recap 8/9 -8/15

After my long run yesterday i'm actually feeling pretty good! During the run I felt terrible, but I take it as a good sign that the day after soreness is minimal today. I think my mood about running is totally dependent on the weather and i'm really trying to get used to humidity and not be so negative about it. I've also not been so good about getting my weights workouts in. Long days at work lead to me pushing the snooze button in the morning and making excuses in the evening. It was definitely easier when I had the scheduled gym classes. I'm going to try to be better about it this week.

Sunday - 12 miles. I slept in... my own fault, so running in the hot sticky evening was my only choice. I slogged through 12 long, slow, soggy miles at 2 min/mile slower than my usual long run pace... but at least I got it in.

Saturday - skipped my planned 3 miles due to a sore IT band. I think it was a good decision... it's feeling better.

Friday - off

Thursday - 5 miles at the Twilight Trail 8K. A fun race! I'll definitely do this one again.

Wednesday - off

Tuesday - 3X (600, 1000). I think I pushed stop on my garmin instead of lap.... so we'll call it 4 miles total.

Monday - off

Weekly total: 21 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment