Thursday, December 30, 2010

End of the Year Thoughts

Looking back over the past year 2010 brought so many changes in my life. The first half of the year was spent preparing both at work and at home for the transfer to Cleveland: Looking for a place to live, figuring out how to transfer to a new school, packing up at work, packing up at home, trying to figure out how two people could survive on a student stipend while Dan looked for a job. There have definitely been a lot of ups and downs and a lot of change for us over the past year. The move eventually came and went and overall I think we have finally settled into life in a new city. It's amazing how long it can take for a new place and actually feel at home, but I think we're getting there. With all of the move preparations, and then the move itself I raced MUCH less than I have in years past, BUT I also had some big accomplishments in the races I did run. At the Colfax 1/2 Marathon in May I finally got back under 2 hours (something I have not been able to do since my very first 1/2 Marathon). Perhaps the most important accomplishment: Running my first Full Marathon. It's a goal that's been on my bucket list for a while and i'm extremely happy to have done it. I don't know that there will be any more Full marathons in my near future. I find the 1/2 Marathon to be much more enjoyable to fit into my life, but someday.... maybe another Full.

This is the first year i've blogged about my running and kept track of my milage, so I don't know how it compares to years past, but running over 1000 miles this year sounds good to me :-).

2010 Yearly Milage Total: 1073.41 Miles

See you next Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment