Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A whole new kind of speed workout. Avoiding Hail.

Tuesday morning I had a 4 mile Fartlek planned (Fartlek for those of you that don't know means "speed play", its kind of a create your own speedwork, doing intervals between trees or whatever rather than prescribed distances).

My legs were feeling really sore and sluggish from the 12 miler on Sunday and my weight workout on monday. About half way through I decided I was done and was just going to run slowly the rest of the way home.... mother nature had other plans. It started thundering and before I knew it hail was slowly starting to fall. I started running faster, thinking that I could probably make it before it really started to get bad. Wrong! About 1/2 mile from home It really started pelting down, so I took shelter under an overpass until it started to lighten up, then I sprinted the rest of the way home.

Mother nature forced me to finish my speedwork! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment