Thursday, April 1, 2010

The battle between happy hour and running...

In the battle between happy hour and running, happy hour always wins! This is part of the reason I started running in the morning. This week my sleep has been bad. As some of you may know my husband manages a freshman dorm at a University that, for the time being, will remain nameless. With spring in the air the students have begun to literally go crazy. Monday night they were screaming (not words, just ahhhhhhhhh) and running through the halls at midnight. Anyhow, in an effort to get more than 4 hours of sleep a night I've been sleeping in and trying to fit my runs in the afternoon.

Tuesday afternoon I had a 5 mile run scheduled. Instead, I went to happy hour after a long day in the lab.
Happy hour was just what I needed, but I always feel guilty about skipping a run.
I was so proud of myself for squeezing it in yesterday afternoon.

Hopefully next week i'll be back to running in the morning, so that happy hour and running wont have to compete!

1 comment:

  1. I totally know how you feel! I had a fun run get-together yesterday right after work, and then we met some friends for drinks. It's hard to go out right after running, and it can be even harder to choose one or the other!

    ReplyDelete